Burton Chase Park is a pristine, waterfront escape in Marina del Rey. The 10-acre park juts out into the main channel of the marina, offering excellent views of the harbor. It is the site of many Marina del Rey festivities, including the Summer Concert Series in July and August as well as the Marina Spooktacular in October.
This well-loved park will soon be getting revamped, according to a presentation given to the Marina del Rey Design Control Board. Here are some of the improvements that will be coming soon to Burton Chace Park:
● A new entry plaza will boast decorative pavers, seat wall nooks, and a decorative
fountain with a sculpture. The sculpture is rumored to be a sundial.
● A brand new play area will be constructed on the northwest end of the park. The
2,400 square foot play area will include play equipment like rope ladders.
● A 2,400 square foot stage area will be built in the southwest corner of the park. It
will be designed for live performances and include amphitheater-style seating.
● A new central great lawn will have game nooks, picnic tables, and a bioswale.
● The walkway that follows the perimeter of the park will be repaved.
● The patio outside of the park’s community room will be redone.
● Tables in the park’s picnic pavilions will be replaced, as will the pavillions