It is no secret that a new Trader Joe’s development has been underway inside the new Pier 44 retail and boating complex in Marina del Rey. As one of Del Rey Urban‘s community focuses for their residential brokerage, it is an exciting location for a new Trader Joe’s in Marina del Rey to be built. After talking to the developers, DRU has found out that the new location will be opening this month (April)!
Shoppers can visit the store at 4575 Admiralty Way once the grand opening has taken place. The shop will boast over 10,800-square-feet on its sales floor.
What is the Pier 44 Development where the new Trader Joes will open? The re-development is underway by the Pacific Marina Ventures LLC and will offer the following:
- Hundreds of boat slips
- Waterfront pedestrian promenade
- New West Marina Boating supplies store
- 8,000-square-foot restaurant
- New headquarters for the South Coast Corinthian Yacht Club
- Boat repair shop
- Boat sales office
- Boaters lounge with shower facilities
- Community room for public gatherings
- 460 surface-level parking spaces
- New Marina del Rey Visitor center
- Facility for the L.A. County Department of Beaches and Harbors
While the idea of a Trader Joe’s opening in MDR has been a possibility for several years, developers are excited to announce that it will finally open by the end of this month. Even though the majority of the public response is extremely positive, there are some concerns over traffic congestion.
Del Rey Urban is excited for the newest Trader Joe’s opening in Marina del Rey as it is an extremely popular grocery store and is also apart of a major redevelopment that will help boost the housing market in MDR.